We are seeking Fish Plant Workers to work in Canada.
Working in a fish processing plant. We’d like to say the work is glamourous and exciting, but that would be a stretch. It’s hard work, no matter how you slice it. That said, there is plenty of steady work to keep you busy and to work year-round. Contact us and see if you are a fit for the job, and we are a fit for you.
You may be on-call, possibly working overtime, early mornings, evenings, weekends, and nights.
You should be able to speak English.
Primary duties of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Transport supplies and packaging materials throughout the plant and storage area manually or with powered equipment.
- Check products and packaging for defects and to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Filleting, trimming, skinning and portioning to a limitless combination of value-added and ready to eat products.
- Clean work areas and equipment.
- Set up and operate machines to bag, box or otherwise package fish and seafood products.
- Cut, clean and trim fish or seafood prior to marketing or further processing.
- Cut sections according to specifications and place them in a container for weighing.
A general understanding of the processing line is considered an asset; however, on the job training is available.
*The hours of production are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
*Positions offer full-time year-round employment, competitive rates and a competitive benefits package which includes health and dental as well as a company-matched pension.